Tuesday, June 10, 2008

College: DR. DANEK WORDS 1998-1999

"We were interviewing a lady for the music history position. We asked her about her college life and she said she was in mortal fear of her theory teacher....then I said my students are scared of me."

"I'm being the devil's advocate again...by the end you'll be calling me the devil!"

(Jill and Karin are in the back of class eating grapes)
"Oh those look so good! I could just eat one right now!"

(He points to Mmm) "This is the variety. I'm not talking about M&Ms."

(sight singing class: "Is it a bird? is it a plane? No! it's supertriplet!")

Dr. D: "I'll retire if anyone calls this a French augmented sixth."
Brittany Glenny whispers, loud enough for all to hear: "French augmented sixth."

"Jeremy, you're on 'me'." (analyze the chord "me")

(we're talking about having visitors in class tomorrow)
Ty Stewart: "We're gonna dress up and wear ties tomorrow."
Dr. Danek: "I was thinking about wearing my Star Wars t-shirt...so I guess I shouldn't now if you're dressing up."

"It's augmented, not demented."

Music theory class: "It's freezing in here!"
Dr. D leaves and comes back with a cup of coffee: "The secretary is making a call."
student: "And you brought something back warm for yourself!"
Dr. D: "I saw the coffee and theought 'That would warm my hands.'"

Mark Miller: (talking about the melody Dr. D just played for us to write) "How pretty!"
Dr. Danek: "I stayed up all night thinking about it."

(don't analyze the chord of "ho" in "holy")
"Don't do the ho."

No comments: