Tuesday, June 10, 2008

College: Sophomore Year 1999-2000

note: there were many more quotes this year but I found that a great deal of them were “you had to be there” kind of quotes…or just not funny anymore. I may change my mind and go back and add more. We’ll see.

9-1-99 Karin: “Isn’t it sad that all the guys that are 20 and under live in the dorm and don’t even fill it? (3 floors)
Erin Kaskubar: “No, cuz they’re under 20.”

9-10-99 Ty Stewart: “Too many things to do; not enough time.”
Nate Addink: “If there were 25 hours in a day you’d still be short.”

9-16-99 Kristy Goskesen: “You have a Jason & the G-Men tape? It’s that guy…that sings…what’s his name…”
Karin: “JASON!”

9-18-99 Shelly Lundgren: “Good job on the mouth organ.”
Benji Thornton: “Good job on the mini shoulder guitar.”

9-18-99 “That was tastey on my waisty.” –Russel Munson

9-20-99 “My tongue got wrapped around my ‘eye teeth’ and I couldn’t see what I was saying.” –Dr. Doug Huffman

10-6-99 “Musicians are like rats—they’re everywhere.” –David Pierce

10-9-99 “Wow! You look really sexy. If I was a boy…I’d say hi to you.” –Jennifer Miller

10-9-99 “I wanna marry cutie Cole and he was only our waitress for one night!” –Maria Wilson

10-11-99 “My mother wanted to be a doctor and all she got was the poor penmanship.” –Prof. Eppright

10-14-99 “Electronic chivalry…let me get the door for you (he then hits the handicapped button that opens the door).” –Matt Jackson

10-22-99 Kirsten Rhodes: “Kenny & the Mexicans.”
Krista Lundberg: “I thought she said ‘Kenny & the Lesbians.’”

10-22-99 “I’m gonna marry a guy with the last name ‘Heck’ and then I’ll name one of my kids ‘Whatthe’.” –Shelly Lundgren

11-1-99 “You value your own ass much more than you value this woman…he’s talking about the donkey of course.” –Dr. Huffman

11-24-99 “I think we should take it literally. Jesus was talking about an actual needle and an actual camel. I think when he said that, some eight-year-old Jewish boy started laughing.” –Dr. Doug Huffman

11-29-99 Jon Utzat: “It’s weird giving girls back massages.”
Alicia Sawyer: “Why?”
Jon Utzat: “Because they have bras.”

2-11-00 “I’m not lonely. That’s because I have like 27 people in my head.” –Benji Thornton

2-15-00 Delroy Johnson: “It’s the kind of thing you don’t want to worry about losing your salvation over.”
Kristy Goskesen: “I’ve always worried about losing my salvation over chapter 7.”

2-23-00 The electricity is out on campus. We discover it’s also out in the dorms. Josh and I had been planning to see if the Eagle’s Nest was open to grab some food. We walk into the student center and Andy Olson walks by. “I guess the Eagle’s Nest isn’t olson (he meant ‘open’.).” –Josh Gerth

2-28-00 Jon Utzat: “What did I do in the computer lab that scared you?”
Karly Kristak: “Took your pants off!”

Mr. Sawyer: “Taylor, since you’re saving your voice, will you go call Joey and Shilo (who didn’t show up for choir practice for some reason).”
Anna Klotz: “But don’t say anything.”

3-17-00 Carrie Kauphusman: “Grab HIS butt Carsten!”
Shilo Stigen: “No! Turn the other cheek!”

3-19-00 Heidi Sogge: “Excuse me. Sarah Flint is looking for folder #1.”
Tyler Thorne: “Excuse me. Carsten is looking for a girlfriend.”

3-22-00 “Want my random comment for the day? This piece of lettuce looks like a gun.” –Josh Gerth

3-24-00 “If you’re not present, don’t put your name down.” –Muska

3-27-00 We’re in Revelation class and Jimmy falls asleep. Dan walks him up at the end of class and Jimmy has lines all over his forehead.
Dan Miner: “You’ve been sealed! You’ve got the mark of the beast!”
Jimmy Barton: “At least I can buy stuff.”

3-28-00 “Ricky Martin is the Diet Coke of Latin Music. One calorie. Not enough Latin.” –Jon “Burns” Foster

4-3-00 Hans Hettinga: “What is this?”
the choir: “Glue.”
Hans: “Wrong. It’s a bottle of glue. Who am I?”
The choir: “Hans.”
Hans: “Wrong.”
Heidi Sogge: “You’re a bottle of Hans?”

4-6-00 “I’m gonna have a survey about who has the most grabable butt, and I would win.” –Scott Wicklund

4-6-00 Jonny Burns: “I figure you can stay up all Thursday night—“
Karin: “Cuz then you have the weekend.”
Burns: “That’s exactly what I was thinking!”
Karin: “I read your mind…”
Burns: “We’re soulmates.”

4-17-00 We’re driving around downtown getting lost.
“Déjà vu [Showgirls]! Now I know where we are!”-Karly Kristak

5-5-00 Jon Droppers is singing, “What’s your line/ tell me why/ you wear your cross of gold.” (a michael w. smith song)
“Is that Ace of Base?” –Matt Pacyga

5-00 Karin: “Are you growing your hair out?”
Josh Gerth: “Every day.”

5-9-00 “Don’t you hate it when you paint your nails and then you have a wedgie?” –Christina John

No comments: