8-28-00 Ali and I are putting together a shelf and she's got a screwdriver in her hand, but we both laugh when she says: "This is going to take a lot of screwing!" -Ali Baden
9-1-00 Susan is sitting at the table eating cold baked beans out of a can.
Ali Baden: "Do you go camping a lot?"
Susan Joraanstad: "Not with beans I don't."
9-1-00 Sam Kneiszler: "Do you know German?"
Kirstjen Peters: "I just know enough to get around."
9-11-00 Ricky Frith: "I went to the doctor and found out I have a sinus infection, two ear infections, and a throat infection."
Alicia Sawyer: "Ricky, we just need to remove your whole head."
9-15-00 "There is a possible world in which there is no Paul Helseth. We don't know much about that world, except that it is a much less happy place." -Dr. Helseth
9-21-00 "When you enter the world you wear diapers, and when you exit the world...you wear diapers." -Dr. Harvey Martin
9-23-00 Kirstjen answers the phone.
"Hello...no one by that name lives here. Can I take a message?" -Kirstjen Peters
9-25-00 We're watching "Meet Joe Black."
"I don't know if it's just me, but is it smart to kiss death?" -Scott Wicklund
9-26-00 Dr. Ed Glenny: "I can't read the name of who is supposed to present today. Can you read the name?"
Jonny "Burns" Foster: "It looks like it says...Mr. Miagi?"
10-5-00 We're about to take a Harvey Martin exam.
Karin: "What good is a pencil when you don't have an eraser?"
Andrea Junkert: "What good is a pencil when you don't have an answer?"
10-6-00 "I never met anyone as funny as Mike Hadley in my whole life. And I've never met Mike Hadley, come to think of it." -Katie Bain
10-15-00 April talks about her down comforter purchased in Europe.
Karin: "How much was it in Ireland?"
April Fredrick: "About 50 pounds."
Karin: "Well, how much is that?"
Russ Soppe: "About a small child."
10-18-00 Steve Stepec: "Is there downhill skiing in Iowa?"
Kirstjen Peters: "No. Not unless you're skiing down a drainage ditch."
10-19-00 "If I had a nickel for every note I took in that class, I'd be able to buy a gumball." -Kristy Goskesen
10-26-00 Dr. Martin: "That's called partner security because if you marry someone really really ugly you know no one else will want them."
Dr. Clatterbuck: "That's what HIS wife did."
10-26-00 "He was perverted. He stopped going to our church. He's probably going to yours." -Dr. Clatterbuck
10-25-00 "I was a camp councelor for third grade boys. Ten boys, all of whom wet the bed. I'm telling you when we woke up there was a rainbow over our tent." -Jon Engen
10-27-00 "He looked at my driver's license and said I looked like a Mediterranean woman!" -Josh Gerth
10-28-00 Jon Droppers: "Whatcha eating?"
Heather Penzel: "Kix."
Jon: "Kid tested, Heather approved."
Karin: "Cute Jon."
Jon: "What? That's what the commercial says...except without the Heather part."
10-28-00 "I STARTED the quotebook! In the beginning there was Jon. Jon created the quotebook and it was good." -Jon Droppers
11-1-00 Sam Kneiszler: "I hate my personality!"
Karin: "Oh, Sam!"
Sam: "I hate yours too."
11-1-00 "Ya know Billy Joel from Green Day? Billy JOE! Billy Joe!" -Jon Utzat
11-5-00 Kirstjen Peters: "Toys R Us has answering machines for sale for ten bucks."
Lindsey Anderson: "Wait..."
Kirstjen: "Yes, they're real!"
11-10-00 Jim Dietz's response after witnessing the engagement of Bradley & Rachael:
"I didn't even know they were dating!"
11-11-00 "A hedgehog is about the worst pet you can have. You have to wear gloves to play with it. It's like one big needle...with legs." -Bradley Reeser
11-11-00 Matt talks about the guys snoring...
"It's like a volcano. It starts our small, and then I explode!" -Matt Pacyga
11-11-00 "We better start to do a recount, otherwise we might never know who won the frenchtoast contest!" -Josh Gerth
11-00 "Why are they called Third Day when there's five guys?" -Jon Droppers
11-14-00 Allison Bartig: "Because I smoke it doesn't mean I'm going to Hell."
Laura Crowley: "No, it's just helping you get there sooner." (I mean, closer to death.")
11-17-00 About Karin turning around and talking to people at two different tables in the cafeteria:
"Choose today whom you will sit at the table with!" -Justin Goldberg
11-00 "Everything is either your mom, or it's not." -Andy Norquist
11-23-00 (at a gas station on our way to Sheboygan from St. Paul)
"Wow!! Everyone and their brother is here! But my brother isn't, so that's fine with me." -Leta Suttner
11-27-00 "He's Armenian. Well, he WAS Armenian. Now he's dead and Calvinist." -Jon "Burns" Foster
11-27-00 student: "You're a great guy."
Dr. Helseth: "My mom certainly thinks so."
11-28-00 "I'm 1/8 Puerto Rican. Give me scholarships baby!" -Ben Wegner
12-1-00 Alison Addis: "Why is Matt Pacyga dressed up today?"
Karin: "Is he trying to impress some girl?"
Jon Droppers: "Matt's trying to impress EVERY girl."
12-28-00 "I've decided my hair is like jazz. Everytime it's an experiment." -Kristin Ernst
1-21-01 "I'll be on a show called 'The Stupids,' and you can guest star." -Mindy Swenson
1-23-01 Dr. Huffman: "What are we going to have after postmodernism? Post postmodernism?"
Student: "Waterworld."
1-31-01 "Consider the following falacious argument:
*God is love.
*Love is blind.
*Ray Charles is blind.
*Therefore Ray Charles is God.
There is obviously something wrong here." -Dr. Paul Helseth
1-28-01 Karin asks Anthony why it took so long for her to notice his height, but he interprets her question differently.
Karin: "Anthony, you are tall! I've never noticed before. Why is that?"
Anthony Schaefer: "I drink a lot of milk, eat corn, stuff like that."
1-29-01 "Excuses are like buttholes. Everyone has one and it stinks." -AJ Montpetit
2-3-01 (an alarm rings in the room.)
Peter Kvamme: "Fire!"
Karin: "That's what I think of when I hear an alarm that I didn't set myself."
Peter: "You think of me saying fire?"
2-4-01 "Don't tell me 'Dave, you're one in a million!' because that means there's a thousand people in China just like me." -Dave Griffieth
2-5-01 Jon Carlson: "Is the test on Wednesday or Friday?"
Dr. Helseth: "Wednesday? Why? What did I say?"
Jon: "You prayed for it on Friday....We're praying for it on Friday too."
Helseth: "It's Wednesday. God can't change his mind, but I can."
2-6-01 "Look at that little boy with the red socks. I want to take him home with me! Give me a whistle and I'd be the pied piper!" -Christel Schulz
2-6-01 Hannah Zasadny: "Who did you have for research writing?"
Karin: "Landrum."
Hannah: "Is that a woman?"
Karin: "Yeah."
Jon Carlson: "I don't know too many men named Judy."
2-7-01 "I always have crushes on people and then realize they have small ears. What's wrong with me?" -Stef Jaeger
2-7-01 Kevin Wind: "What are you reading?"
Karin: "My Christian Thought book."
Kevin: "Your what? Christian vodka?"
2-8-01 "Karin, I can't wait to live far away from you so you can send me cool things." -Susan Joraanstad
1-01 "My cousin Hailey was dislexic when she was little and she would say, 'I have to go teapot!'"-Hannah Nelson
2-9-01 person a: "Would you marry someone like your dad? Why or why not?"
Barika Edwards: "Yes, because my dad is like Christian Slater."
2-9-01 "My stomach went down to my heart!" -Barika Edwards
2-14-01 Jon Droppers on the Waudoni tribe:
"Do you think they have more conversations because they talk faster?"
2-17-01 "That'll be a walk in the park with a fancy dog." -Kara Erickson
2-18-01 "Have you ever wondered what winter would be like if snow had an odor? What if it smelled like Glade-type bathroom spray?" -Kara Erickson
2-23-01 Peter Kvamme on knitting:
"The yarn runs through my fingers like the way I dream of my future wife's hair."
2-25-01 "I'm excited to wear my new snowpants today...and you can probably wear them with me, they're so big!" -Susan Joraanstad
3-2-01 In Logic class...
Karin: "Hey look! I have the exact same pen as Dr. Helseth!"
matt Pacyga: "Therefore you ARE Dr. Helseth."
3-5-01 "Who in their right mind would want 'softlips'? I want lips of steel!" -Jon Carlson
3-19-01 Steve Stepec returns to class after spring break with short hair, and sporting a suit.
"From fro to dreads to CEO!" -Mike Melling
3-22-01 "I decided I would go explore myself...i mean by myself." -Karly Kristak
3-23-01 Kevin Wind (speaking in a whisper because he is sick): "How's my blonde beauty doing?"
Karin: "We have a concert tonight!"
Kevin: "Yeah, I'm gonna lip sync like Britney Spears."
3-23-01 "I went to turn the light on and it was a pencil sharpener!" -Jill Wohlgemuth
4-4-01 "You're going to watch the exciting film 'Real People Coping with Eating Disorders.' The sequel, 'Fake People Not Coping with Eating Disorders' should be out soon." -Dr. Chara
4-25-01 "It's becoming increasingly more acceptable to say 'I'm going to obstain from sexual activity until intercourse (he meant marriage)," -Dr. Wade Wahl
4-26-01 "Now make like Jesus and get the Hell out of here." -Kevin Wind
4-27-01 "I saw a guy wearing periwinkle. In my generation guys do not wear periwinkle!" -Lindsey Anderson
4-27-01 "Innocent until proven guilty. Boy until proven man." -Laura Tanberg
5-2-01 "Nothing wakes people up like excrement." -Hannah Zasadny
5-11-01 "Are you going to keep playing that same song over and over?"
"As they say, if you've got a good horse you might as well run him." -Tim Kephart
5-14-01 Maria Wilson: "Melissa! You can't leave yet; we haven't done the pinata yet!"
Melissa Tovar: "I can't leave? Why? Cuz I'm Mexican?"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment